Scaling down aquaponics setOn 29 August 2018 in Agro
Since last update about aquaponics, where I faced problem with leaks, I tried to scale down the aquaponics set from 1000 liters of fish tank and 3 DWCs, down to where it’s financially practical for me to run it. Because to run at that capacity, I figured the budget for the fish feeds, electricity, water supply and various maintenance cost might be overwhelming when I still don’t have proper channel to sell the produces.
I changed the piping to use 1 inch PVC pipe because it’s easier to find the tank connector of that size, which helps prevent leaking. I also drilled another hole at the fish tank, which is lower than the first one, to reduce the amount of water and the fish which going to be grown here.
Since there were too many problems with the current setup, and I ran out of my budget and time to experiment, I decided to further scale down the system, to something that more controllable, like this:
To be continued.
- Plumbing the aquaponics units together
- Restart aquaponics set
- Penutup tangki ikan
- Aquaponics germination update September 2018
- Aquaponics germination station
- Indoor aquaponics revision 2
- Install water pump and test run
- Video tinjauan set aquaponics
- Aquaponics build materials & water test kits
- Cara membuat sistem NFT untuk akuaponik – Saluran tanaman (channel)