Building radial flow filterOn 8 June 2018 in Agro
Radial flow filter is used to remove large solid waste from fish tank. The way it works is by directing the flow upward (see A in diagram above), and a standpipe to direct the flow downward, forcing the large solid to settle on the bottom of the tank. Outlet to the bio filter is positioned higher to avoid the solid to exit the filter.
One addition for this tank is I add an outlet (see B) with a ball valve to drain the tank including the waste out of the system. This drain pipe will connect to the sump tank to reuse the water, while I can use either mesh bag or cloth to collect the waste and put it into the mineralization tank
Using 50mm (2 inch) hole saw, I drilled two holes on the sides of a 12 gallon pail for the piping from fish tank and to the bio filter. While for the drain pipe, I used 22mm (½ inch) hole saw.
- Aquaponics book & build materials
- DWC frame
- Aquaponics build materials & water test kits
- Cara membuat sistem NFT untuk akuaponik – Struktur & rangka
- Menukar set akuaponik kepada hidroponik
- Aquaponics set design & plan
- Cara membuat sistem NFT untuk akuaponik – Saluran tanaman (channel)
- Daripada lakaran ke produk akhir (meja penapis aquaponics)
- Floating raft
- Sambungan pancur ke tangki ikan & jaring teduh