Aquaponics build materials & water test kitsOn 4 May 2018 in Agro
Continuation from the previous materials list. These remaining materials were ordered online since I couldn’t find them sold here, and I simply don’t have time to go around the city to look for shop that sell them.
System cycle is a process to be performed on new system, to ensure nitrifying bacteria are colonizing the system. I plan to cycle the system using fish, by lowering stocking density and feed rate, then I need to monitor ammonia level daily to ensure it doesn’t exceed dangerous level. This is to ensure enough nitrifying bacteria to grow to convert those ammonia into nitrate, and this process will continue for about one to two months.
Water pH is one of the most important parameter to monitor. Initially, the system water pH will be a bit high (7 – 8 pH), and over time, the pH should fluctuate around 6 – 7 pH. For EC meter, it’s not so useful for aquaponics, but I think perhaps in future I’ll try hydroponics or fertigation, and EC meter is very useful to measure the fertilizer solution.
Other water test kits that will be beneficial to have are dissolved oxygen meter, various nutrient test meter (to test important nutrient such nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium etc.) and thermometer. All these water parameter data will be useful later to analyze effectiveness of the system.
- Install water pump and test run
- Building trickling bio filter
- Sistem perpaipan set aquaponics
- Building radial flow filter
- 3 Jenis Asas Sistem Hidroponik Yang Digunakan Dalam Akuaponik Serta Variasinya
- Apa itu CHOP dan CHIFT PIST dalam aquaponics?
- Menukar set akuaponik kepada hidroponik
- Aquaponics book & build materials
- Cara membuat sistem NFT untuk akuaponik – Struktur & rangka
- Pindah ikan dalam tangki aquaponics