Up & runningOn 9 July 2013 by admin
Yesterday I found out this blog was inaccessible. It showed some sort of error page. I have had this problem before, due to high usage in MySQL, so they (hosting provider) suspended this free account. So I login the cPanel to see what’s wrong. It shouldn’t be because of high usage, since the analytics shows no spike.
But during the login process I found out something – the login URL has changed. On further observation, there’s a small announcement in cPanel that told me to use a new IP address to access the FTP. So to summarize, the hosting provider relocated my account to another server so the IP address was changed too. The domain name still resolve the IP address to the old one, so that’s why this blog was inaccessible. With simple nslookup & updating IP address records in Cloudflare, this site is up and running.
So, the moral of the story is, know what you are paying for. This site is hosted using a free account, so don’t expect any support from the provider. If you pay for the service, you can demand for a better service or support. If you are not paying anything (to use a service), so you are the product.